Confirmed speakers include:
- Professor Alex Murdock, Emeritus Professor, London South Bank University
- Melanie Merrill, Volunteering Programme Manager for Quality, Macmillan Cancer Support
- Rob Jackson, Director, Rob Jackson Consulting Ltd
- Mike Stone, Voluntary Services Manager, Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Sandra Hillyard, Volunteer Services Manager, Sported
- Rupal Karia, Volunteer Services & Best Practice Manager, Volunteer Centre Camden
- Sheila Norris, Operations Manager, Marketing & Communications Manager, Volunteer Centre Camden
- Zoe Grant, Director of Volunteering, Over the Wall
- Cameron Fitzwilliam-Grey, Chair, Greater London Volunteering (event chair)
Recent ONS figures suggest volunteering levels declined by 15 per cent in the decade between 2005-2015. However, the same figures showed a significant rise in youth volunteering and the Government’s most recent Community Life Survey suggest a very small year on year rise. What more can organisations relying on people donating their time & skills do to recruit and retain even more volunteers?
Join Westminster Briefing on 27 June for an up-to-date brief on Government actions to facilitate volunteering and to learn what more can be done to recruit & retain more volunteers.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Latest Government measures to support volunteering & social action
- Doing more to engage people who may be interested in volunteering
- Raising awareness about volunteering & matching potential volunteers with opportunities
- Connecting with a new generation of volunteers through social media
- Making your organisation a more attractive place to volunteer
- Identifying common reasons why people stop volunteering & overcoming them
- Providing volunteers with greater support & incentives
- Developing volunteers & giving them rewarding roles
- Motivating long term volunteers with new challenges
Participants will be briefed about and discuss the latest developments in volunteer management.
The morning sessions will examine the policy context in which volunteering operates & actions stakeholders can take to recruit more volunteers.
The afternoon session will focus on improving the volunteer experience to retain more volunteers.
Who Should Attend?
Attendees will be drawn from organisations who rely on volunteers, including: Community & Voluntary Sector organisations; trustees; volunteer centres; local volunteering networks; public services; and other stakeholders with and interest in this important area.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com |
0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Dominic.Leigh@dodsgroup.com