- Cllr David Simmonds, Chair, LGA Children and Young People’s Board
- Cllr Ivan Ould, Lead Member for Children and Families, Leicestershire County Council
- Kate Kelly, Head of Service, ‘Change & Challenge’ Troubled Families Programme, London Borough of Enfield
- Ricky Williams, Team Manager, ‘Change & Challenge’ Troubled Families Programme, London Borough of Enfield
- Gareth Moss, Director, Employment, Skills and Enterprise, Serco
- Representative, The Children’s Society
- Further speakers TBC
The Government announced earlier this year that the Troubled Families programme would shift its focus to worklessness. Despite a wide range of criteria remaining, local authorities have been urged to concentrate on the link between unemployment and poorer outcomes for children.
Join Westminster Briefing for our 7th annual Troubled Families conference to receive an up-to-date brief on the programme. This is the perfect opportunity to consider the national landscape of Troubled Families and assess how your local strategy can be developed.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Troubled Families: Understanding the national landscape and Government action
- Outcomes and lessons from the Government’s report ‘Troubled Families Programme 2015-2020: progress so far'
- Shifting objectives: a new focus on adult worklessness
- Coordinating support and ensuring a ‘whole family’ approach
- Changes to payment by results and demonstrating value for money
- Learning from success: case studies of turning around families’ lives
- Embedding structures within local services
About the Day:
In the morning session you will examine the recent changes to the Troubled Families programme. Experts will discuss the progress of the programme so far, and the policy landscape going forward.
The afternoon session will focus on good practice in turning around the lives of families. You will explore case studies of frontline working to turn around families’ lives.
There will be plenty of time throughout the day to network with colleagues from across the country.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.firstname.lastname@example.org | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email:
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from all those involved in the Troubled Families Programme, including: Troubled Families teams; children’s services; family services officers health teams; early intervention coordinators/managers; community safety officers; safeguarding teams; social workers; criminal justice services; police forces; third sector organisations and others.