Confirmed to speak:
- Dawn Copping, Chair, Independent Teacher Workload Review Group & Headteacher, Shaw Primary Academy
- Dr Robin Bevan, Headteacher, Southend High School for Boys
- Duncan Baldwin, Deputy Policy Director, ASCL
- Joe Treacy, Head of Membership & Partners, Chartered College of Teaching
- Emma Thom, Deputy Headteacher, Plantsbrook Secondary School
- (Chair) Alan Barham, Education Consultant & Former Headteacher
- Further speakers TBA
Marking has increasingly become a burden on the teaching profession that must be addressed. Excessive workload that has little impact on pupil outcomes is both unnecessary and detrimental to teacher work-life balance.
Attend this Westminster Briefing to hear from the new Chartered College for Teaching about their plans to address unnecessary teacher workload. This is a chance to rethink your approach and consider different options to improve the workload arrangements in your school. This is also an opportunity to share good practice and hear how you can bring about a positive change in culture to reduce the burden on teachers and meet the needs of your pupils.
Key issues to be addressed include:
- What the Government are doing to address unnecessary teacher workload
- What drives unnecessary workloads in schools?
- Reducing workload and improving conditions for teaching staff
- Considering different options to improve workload arrangements in your school
- Ensuring pupil needs are taken into account
- Monitoring staff workload, engagement and satisfaction
- Addressing the negative perceptions of accountability
- Rethinking timetabling, specialisation and working patterns
- The role and impact of workload, responsibilities and school culture
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Tim.Archer@westminster-briefing.com
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in teacher workload including, but not limited to: school and academy heads, senior and middle leaders, relevant governors, educational consultants and local, regional and national bodies.