- Ellie Greenwood, Senior Adviser (Community Safety & Regulation), Local Government Association
- Charles Holland, Barrister, Francis Taylor Building
- Phil Bates, Licensing Manager, Southampton City Council
- Chris Neville, Head of Licensing, Birmingham City Council
- Fred Jones, Head of Cities for UK & Ireland, Uber
- Matt Lewin, Barrister, Cornerstone Barristers
- Roger King (Chair), Director, Safer and Stronger Solutions
- Further speakers TBC
Taxi and PHV licensing continues to reform without major legislative change, with statutory guidance and local decisions driving policy change. Effective Taxi/PHV licensing remains essential and regulators must continue to prioritise community safety.
Attend this timely Westminster Briefing for an expert-led brief on policy changes and an update on best practice in licensing.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Next steps for legislation and the Government’s plans for taxi and PHV licensing
- Protecting the public: ensuring local authorities meet the primary licensing objective
- The ‘fit and proper’ test: understanding how to enforce driver standards
- New challenges for licensing: safeguarding children and vulnerable people
- The rise of Uber: challenges and opportunities for licensing
- Learning from success: case studies of local authorities strengthening licensing procedures
- Working across borders to raise standards and strengthen partnerships
About the Day:
The morning session will focus on the latest policy changes to taxi and PHV licensing, and consider the strategic decisions to be made to have success locally.
Delegates in the afternoon session will explore good practice in taxi licensing.
There will be plenty of opportunity throughout the day to network with experts and colleagues from across the country.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.firstname.lastname@example.org | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email:
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be those that have an interest in the taxi and PHV licensing reform, including but not limited to: licensing committees; licensing officers; police; representatives from taxi and PHV firms and relevant bodies concerning public safety.