Confirmed to speak:
- Jeremy Oppenheim, Director, Safeguarding Unit, Home Office
- Rachel Allen, Policy Officer, Gwent Police and Crime Commissioner
- Deanna Neilson, Head of Safeguarding, Action for Children
- Representative, Barnardo's
- David Ashcroft, Chair, Association of Independent LSCB Chairs
- Further speakers TBC
There has been a great deal of development since the Government’s last Tackling Child Sexual Exploitation Strategy including a recently updated guidance for practitioners from the DfE as well as changes to legislation contained in the Children and Social Work Bill.
Join us on 27th June to hear from Jeremy Oppenheim, Director, Safeguarding Unit, Home Office for an up-to-date brief on what the Government is doing to address child sexual exploitation. This is the key event for local authorities, police, health services, schools and other key stakeholders to assess the opportunities for funding and discuss improvements in partnership working. You will hear and share good practice with leading practitioners from across the country and have the chance to address the challenges you are facing in tackling CSE locally.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Progress since the Government’s last CSE strategy
- Opportunities for funding
- Strengthening partnership working across statutory and non-statutory sectors
- Prioritising targeted prevention
- The role of police in tackling offending and supporting victims
- Recording and sharing information and data
- Impact of the Wood Report and upcoming changes to legislation contained in the Children and Social Work Bill
- Driving a culture change among local authorities, police, health services and schools
- Next steps for the Government’s approach
- good practice case studies
- Overcoming barriers to underreporting
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
Who should attend?
Delegates will be drawn from across the relevant sectors, including local authorities, police forces, children's services, frontline practitioners, social workers, local safeguarding children boards, health professionals, the voluntary and the community sectors.