In October 2017, the Government set out proposals to introduce a flexible funding approach for the supported housing sector, which would come into effect from April 2020. The proposals include a greater role for local authorities in the commissioning and provision of services, including short-term and emergency housing, with a National Statement of Expectation planned to set out how local authorities should plan effectively for provision in their area.
Join Westminster Briefing on 1 March 2018 for an up-to-date brief on the Government's reforms to supported housing and how they will affect your organisation, and to examine best practice in delivering housing and support to vulnerable people.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Future funding arrangements for supported housing
- Greater role for local authorities in the commissioning and provision of services, including short-term and emergency housing
- National Statement of Expectation setting out how local authorities should plan effectively for provision in their area
- The impact of Government reforms on providers of supported, sheltered, short-term and emergency housing
- Preparing for change
- Avoiding a “post-code lottery” under a more localised system
- Improving existing housing & support
- Responding flexibly to the diversity and complexity of people’s individual needs
- Finding alternative accommodation where necessary
- Working effectively with key local partners, such as adult social care, health, police, probation and others to secure positive outcomes
The morning will focus on the Government's proposed reforms to supported, sheltered and emergency housing and the implementation of these reforms.
The afternoon session will examine best practice in delivering housing and support for vulnerable people.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in supported, sheltered and emergency housing, including: housing providers; local authority housing services; local care services; & representative groups.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Dominic.Leigh@dodsgroup.com