The Department for Education has published new guidance on safety and security in schools in November. The conversation around school boundaries stretches from controlling access and safeguarding children to keeping staff aware and good practice for admitting external visitors.
Join Westminster Briefing this March to develop your school's security strategy and improve your services. You will be provided with an overview of the legal responsibilites of schools within pupil safety and security and a thorough update on the recent policy guidance for insitutions.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- “Controlling Access to School Premises”: policy update on the recent guidance from the Department for Education
- Overview of the legal framework: effectively handling trespassing, restricted access, bars and record-keeping
- Effective school security and safeguarding: best practices for ensuring that both staff and students are protected
- Communicating policies externally and raising awareness among staff
- Developing protocols, procedures and policies for external visitors
About the event:
The morning session will focus on an update on the recent guidance from the Department for Education on school premises, including the relationship between governing boards, local authorities and schools.
The afternoon session will examine best practice in admitting external visitors to schools, including an overview of raising awareness among staff and keeping safeguarding at the heart of your approach.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in security and safety within primary and secondary schools, including: school security leads; head/deputy/assistant headteachers; principles & chief executives; alternative education providers; proprietors; school staff networks; governors; local authorities; LEAs; children’s services; police forces; teaching unions; academics; free schools; and representative groups.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657