Supporting children with complex needs still proves challenging under the current budget. As increasing SEND and high needs pressures continue to place strain on budgets, local authorities and schools must come together to provide effective and coordinated support for SEND pupils. With the publication of a pilot study on the 7 aspects of engagement, things are likely to continue to change.
Join us this March to review best practices in collaborative working between local authorities, schools and children health services in 2019. You will be provided with successful case studies and an overview of the government’s plans for SEND in 2020.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- An overview of current policy and the interaction between local authorities, schools and children’s health services
- Overview of the Government’s plans for rolling out ‘7 aspects of engagement’ approach in 2020
- Reviewing the Department of Education’s pilot report: strengths and weaknesses
- High Needs Funding arrangements: reviewing options for local authorities and institutions for 2019-2020
- Tailoring teaching and provision to meet the needs of pupils with complex disabilities
- Learning from peers: case study examples from schools and LAs
- Improving the quality of education, health and care plans
About the event:
The morning session will focus on an update on the national policy landscape for SEND pupils with a particular focus on the pilot study for ‘7 aspects of engagement’.
The afternoon session will encourage learning from peers and provide case study examples from schools and local authorities.
Who should attend?
You will join a range of education stakeholders including, but not limited to, head teachers, senior and middle leaders, SENCOs, alternative education providers, pupil referral units, local authorities, relevant governors, health and children's services stakeholders who are preparing for or have in interest in SEND provision.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657