Confirmed to speak:
- Jodie Semp Blaskey, Deputy Director, Academies Regional Delivery Group, DfE
- Joan Binder, Vice Chairman, FASNA
- Dean Jackson, Lead Assistant Director, Education and Skills, Newcastle City Council
- Lynn Knapp, Headteacher, Windmill Primary School
- Meena Wood, Education Consultant & Former HMI
- (Chair) Alan Barham, Education Consultant & Former Headteacher
As part of the government’s drive for a school-led, locally-driven system of school improvement, several new schemes are to come into force in September 2017. Ensuring that you are well placed to access these, and that your school’s support network is sustainable and appropriate, is more essential than ever.
Attend this Westminster Briefing for a full update on these funding and policy developments. Hear a Senior DfE Representative outline the support available and learn from successful current case studies. As fellow school leaders grasp the responsibility to maximise attainment and corral resources to tackle underperformance, attend this briefing to hear their strategies for success.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Overview of the national policy context: how the DfE is looking for schools to collaborate and drive up standards
- Benefiting from the incoming School Improvement Monitoring and Brokering Grant
- Synchronising with other funding initiatives: Regional Academy Growth Fund, Opportunity Areas & the Teaching and Leadership Innovation Fund
- Building a sustainable support network that works for your setting: choosing the right partner(s) for improvement
- Using an evidence-informed approach to drive up attainment
- The specific roles of sponsors, MATs, RSCs and Teaching School Alliances in school improvement
- Considering different models of collaboration including cross-phase, subject, leadership and other networks
- Examples of establishing and operating clusters, MATs & networks to drive school improvement: utilising individual strengths and strengthening bonds
The morning session will give a comprehensive update on the latest policy and funding developments in school improvement, with views from key stakeholders and leading existing networks
The afternoon session will offer practical strategies from existing schools and networks, with hands-on examples to be taken back to your setting.
Who Should Attend?
You will join a range of delegates including but not limited to: school and academy heads, senior and middle leaders, relevant governors, LA school improvement officers and local, regional and national bodies involved or interested in understanding plans for school-to-school improvement.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Tim.Archer@westminster-briefing.com