In November last year the scandal surrounding allegations of historical child sex abuse in football brought safeguarding children in sport to national prominence. At the same time, Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson was leading an independent review into the Duty of Care sport has towards participants at both the elite & grassroots level. The Government is yet to respond.
Join us on 22 June for an up to date brief on the latest developments in safeguarding children in sport. We will examine existing Government policy & guidance, how to implement effective policies & procedure, and current good practice from a variety of different perspectives.
Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Nick Slinn, Senior Consultant, NSPCC Child Protection in Sport Unit
- Colette Eden, Lead Safeguarding Officer, Rugby Football League
- Leonora Borg, Safeguarding Consultant
- Tina Thordal, Associate Trainer, Ann Craft Trust
- Keith Oddy, Indpendent Child Protection Officer, Amateur Swimming Association
- Dr Mark Hartill, Senior Lecturer, Edge Hill University (Event Chair)
- More speakers TBC
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Understanding your duties under "Working together to safeguard children" guidance
- The roles of governing bodies, county sports partnerships, LSCBs & sports clubs
- Latest legal & policy developments
- Implementing effective policies & procedures
- Improving partnership working & supporting others develop their approach
- Current good practice
- Supporting children when allegations are made
The issues will be split into sessions entitled:
- Guidance, Policy & Legal Update
- Implementing the Right Policies & Procedures
- Safeguarding Children in Sport: Good Practice
Who Should Attend?
Members of Local Safeguarding Children Boards; governing bodies; professional & voluntary sports clubs; County Sports Partnerships; representative groups; & anyone else working with children in sport or with safeguarding responsibilities..
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com |
0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Oliver.email@example.com