Confirmed speakers include:
- Edward Argar MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Justice
- Further speakers to be announced
The Government is committed to expanding access to restorative justice. Its latest Victim’s Strategy, published in September, makes clear its plan to require all PCCs to make sure that RJ services are available in their areas. With many local areas adopting RJ approaches, and some choosing to go beyond victim-initiated cases to fund offender-initiated ones, how can coverage be expanded while maintaining quality and what does the future hold?
Join Westminster Briefing on 19 March for an up to date brief on restorative justice in 2019. We will hear about Government policies and actions, examine the latest developments in the national picture, and share and learn from current good practice examples of success.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Latest Government policies and actions
- The evolving roles of different stakeholders
- Requiring PCCs to make sure that RJ services are available in their areas
- Funding developments
- Developing local partnerships, policies, and procedures
- Overcoming data sharing as a potential barrier‘
- Offender-initiated’ RJ services: where they are appropriate
- Expanding services while maintaining quality
- Providing RJ services for more serious crime types
About the Day:
The morning session will focus on government policies and actions and the latest developments in the national picture.
Delegates in the afternoon session will be split into two sessions, examining current good practice approaches in terms of children & young people and adults.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in restorative justice, including: police forces and PCCs; YOTs, RJ providers; LA community safety teams; offender managers; magistrates & court services; prosecutors; victims support services; and representative groups.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org