Confirmed to speak:
- Max Hastings, Policy Researcher, Universities UK
- Nicole Palmer, Research Ethics & Governance Officer, University of Kent
- Dr Rhys Morgan, Research Strategy Office, University of Cambridge
- Dr Frances Rawle, Head of Corporate Governance and Policy, Medical Research Council
- Alice Jamieson, Policy Officer, Wellcome Trust
- Dr Hugh Davies, Ethics Advisor, Health Research Authority (event chair)
The mechanisms to support research integrity in Higher Education continue to be re-examined and there is still room for improvement. The Government’s Science & Technology Select Committee are currently undertaking an inquiry into research integrity which will be expected to stimulate more thinking into how all institutions can make research integrity work better.
Attend this Westminster Briefing for a chance to consider the current state of research policy with regards to ethics and governance, as well as how institutions are working through challenges. You will have the opportunity to hear experts speak, discuss different approaches with peers and take back learning to implement with colleagues.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Overview of sector developments
- Ongoing work around the Concordat to Support Research Integrity
- Monitoring, compliance & benchmarking
- Considering the implications of open data
- Overcoming the challenges of research culture
- Detecting research misconduct & embedding transparent & fair processes to deal with it
- Incentivising researchers to conduct rigorous research
- Different approaches to embedding research ethics & integrity
- Examples of best practice from across the sector
- Improving training on integrity & practice for researchers
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and you will be presented with a certificate confirming your attendance.
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who should attend?
Delegates will be drawn from a wide range of stakeholders. These will include: universities, businesses, colleges, central government departments and agencies and charities.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
Who should attend?
Delegates will be drawn from across the sector including, but not limited to: Research Integrity Managers, Researchers, Research & Standards Managers, Research Officers, Heads of or Directors of Research Governance, Heads of Research Offices etc.