Confirmed speakers include:
• Professor Dianne Berry OBE, Chair, Equality & Diversity Advisory Panel
By 7 June every HEI intending to be involved in REF 2021 must submit a Code of Practice on how they will determine who is an independent researcher and how outputs will be selected for their main submission. As part of a process to make sure decisions are taken with regard to equality & diversity principles and legislation, CoPs will be examined by The Equality & Diversity Advisory Panel who will then advise the funding bodies on approval. HEIs will also have to evidence how they support E&D in research careers in institutional-level environment statements and unit-level descriptions as part of their main REF submission.
Join Westminster Briefing on 30 April for an up to date brief on supporting equality & diversity in research careers. Ahead of the June deadline, review with peer institutions how they have approached their Codes of Practice, hear from the panel chair about what EDAP will be looking for when they examine them, and learn from leading organisations about positive actions already being taken.
Key issues to be covered:
• Key messages from the guidance and how submissions will be examined
• How different institutions have developed their Code of Practice
• Making sure an institution’s CoP is properly applied
• Attracting people from underrepresented groups into research careers
• Changing working cultures and creating more inclusive research environments
• Evidencing how E&D in research careers is supported in REF institutional-level environment statements and unit-level descriptions
The event will be divided into three sessions:
1. Codes of Practice Overview
2. Sharing Institutional Approaches
3. Supporting Equality & Diversity in Research Careers
Attendees will have the opportunity to engage with the expert panels throughout.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in supporting E&D in research careers and REF submissions, including: HEI staff managing REF submissions; D&I teams; research managers; funding managers; administrators; access & participation teams; senior leadership; and representative groups.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.email@example.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org