Confirmed to speak:
- Matthew Hopkinson, Mental Health and Anti-Bullying Team, DfE
- Karen Turner, Director of Mental Health, NHS England
- Hannah Kinsey, Acting Head of Training & Consultancy, YoungMinds
- Steve Rippin, Assistant Headteacher, Tapton School
- Liz Donegan, Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (Schools), Stockport NHS Foundation Trust
- Siobhan Collingwood, Headteacher, Morecambe Bay Community Primary School
More and more pupils are struggling with mental health issues and schools’ role in the identification and treatment of those issues, together with how that treatment is funded, are key questions for school leaders. With a Green Paper on children and young people’s mental health due at the end of the year and the Mental Health First Aid training rollout underway, a focus on the support available in schools is more crucial than ever.
Attend this timely Westminster Briefing to hear a full update from the Mental Health and Anti-Bullying Team in DfE, laying out their plans and priorities and how they will impact your setting. You will gain insight from sector leaders and award-winning case studies as to how best to respond to the changes and build the best provision for the benefit of your pupils.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- The Government’s plans to support mental health in schools
- Training your staff: progress of the Metal Health First Aid rollout
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of school nurses, school leaders, teachers and teaching assistants
- Developing a sustainable and productive relationship with your local CAMHS
- Assessing pupil need and identifying those with a mental health issue
- Addressing SEND pupils’ mental health
- Embedding mental health support within PSHE, the wider curriculum and school life
- Effective peer-to-peer support systems in practice
- Effective engagement with parents
The morning session will look at recent and forthcoming Government action on mental health support in schools, and how the sector sees it progressing.
The afternoon session will examine effective strategies to support pupils, learning from those currently being practiced and how they can be transferred to your setting.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from across the school and education sectors, including senior leaders from schools & academies, safeguarding leads, PSHE leads, CAMHS practitioners, school governing body members, local Government officers and members, central Government departments & bodies, charities, professional associations, academia and anyone who is involved or interested in effectively providing mental health and wellbeing support for young people.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Tim.Archer@westminster-briefing.com