- Adrian Thomas, Author, Independent Review of Conditions of Service for Fire and Rescue Staff in England
- Jason Thelwell, Chief Fire Officer, Buckinghamshire FRS
- Andy Dark, Assistant General Secretary, Fire Brigades Union
- Pete Bond, Assistant Chief Fire Officer, Devon & Somerset FRS
- Martin Shipp, International President, Institute of Fire Engineers
- Further speakers TBC
Workforce transformation is a key pillar of the Government’s Fire & Rescue Service reforms. Released last year, the Adrian Thomas review also made recommendations for fire and rescue staff that will build on the reform agenda in the Policing and Crime Act 2017. With constrained budgets, fire and rescue services are under pressure to achieve a more flexible, professional and diverse workforce.
Join Westminster Briefing to hear from Adrian Thomas, Author, Independent Review of Conditions of Service for Fire and Rescue Staff in England and explore the Government’s strategy for FRS workforce reform. You will assess how you can develop your existing staff to meet the needs and expectation of a modern service. This is a good opportunity to hear about good practice taking place and to network with colleagues from across the country.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- The Government’s reform agenda for the FRS workforce
- Findings from the Adrian Thomas review into working conditions
- Driving professionalisation of the service and looking ahead to a new standards body
- Changing cultures: developing a more inclusive service
- Meeting the needs of a modern service: a shift to health work and a focus on prevention
- Practical steps towards recruiting and retaining a more diverse workforce
- Changing perceptions: changing the image of a modern-day firefighter
About the Day:
In the morning session delegates will hear from the Home Office and other experts on the national policy landscape and next steps for workforce reform. Delegates will discuss what this means for the way the FRS operates and how to achieve a modernised workforce.
The afternoon session will focus on case studies of local success and good practice case studies.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.email@example.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email:
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from Fire and Rescue Services, Fire and Rescue Authorities, Local Government, PCCs, elected members, Fire Brigade Union, health and safety departments and all others with a stake in the FRS workforce.