Confirmed to Speak:
- Jacqui Tingle, Head of Midwifery, Royal Surrey County Hospital
- Daghni Rajasingam, Head of Maternity and Consultant Obstetrician, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS FT
- Tracey MacCormack, Lead Midwife, Kings College Hospital NHS FT
- Ursula Clarke, Senior Programme Manager, Kent Surrey Sussex Academic Health Science Network
- Alison Baum, CEO & Founder, Best Beginnings
- Susan Biddle, Healthy Communities Consultant
700,000 babies are born each year in England, and giving birth is still the most common reason for admission to hospital. The government’s refreshed National Maternity Safety Strategy aims to transform maternity care in England and drive improvement nationwide.
Attend this Westminster Briefing event to gain a comprehensive overview of the National Maternity Safety Strategy, how it can be implemented and what it means for you. Learn how to embed personalisation and continuity of carer in your service and improve maternity safety standards across your area.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Comprehensive overview of the government’s National Maternity Safety Strategy and its implementation
- Making use of more support for maternity and neonatal training
- Meeting the National Maternity Champions’ 10 criteria to receive a 10% reduction in the CNST maternity contribution
- Meeting individual needs and ensuring maternal care is personalised
- Providing ‘continuity of carer’ throughout pregnancy and developing your workforce to meet this
- Establishing community hubs and Local Maternity Systems
- The role of local providers and commissioners in assisting with the implementation of Saving Babies Lives
- Improving investigations when things go wrong in your area
- Sharing best practice and learning from others in order to deliver better care
- Examples of effective commissioning and delivering quality maternal care
About the Event:
The morning session will explore the implementation of the National Maternity Safety Strategy and what it means for your area.
The afternoon session will provide you with practical lessons from your colleagues who are already meeting some of the ambitions of the National Maternity Safety Strategy, and how you can implement their ideas and guidance in your service.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who Should Attend?
Nursing and midwifery teams, health visitors, commissioning managers, clinical leads, Family Nurse Partnerships, gynaecologists, obstetricians, maternal mental health teams, paediatric service and anyone with a responsibility for or interest in improving maternal care and maternal safety.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Walker-Lane@westminster-briefing.com
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.