- Paul D’Inverno, Specialist Adviser, Child Protection, Ofsted
- Jenny Cryer, Assistant Director, Performance, Commissioning and Partnerships, Children's Services, Bradford City Council
- Natalie Pink, Lead for Children in Care, Nottingham City Youth Offending Team
- Gerard Jones, Deputy Director, Safeguarding and Early Help, Central Bedfordshire Council
- Further speakers TBC
It has been one year since the introduction of the new inspection framework, providing an integrated approach to child protection inspections, with Ofsted, CQC, HMIC, HMI Probation and HMI Prisons working together to carry out joint inspections. Agencies need to be aware of what the JTAIs are looking for and how to effectively prepare for them whilst ensuring the children in their care are protected.
Attend this Westminster Briefing event to hear from Paul D’Inverno, Specialist Adviser, Child Protection, Ofsted on the latest progress of JTAIs and what can be done to prepare for them. This is an opportunity to improve the effectiveness of your multi-agency arrangements, learn from good practice case studies and discuss how you can ensure your organisation is fully prepared.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- The story so far: recent updates and progress made under JTAIs
- Preparing for an integrated inspection
- Understanding and implementing the criteria for an inspection
- The significance of maintaining multi-agency collaboration to deliver more effective child safeguarding
- Implications of the Wood Report for multi-agency arrangements
- Case studies of successful collaboration and communication between agencies
- Developing effective strategies for a successful inspection and beyond
About the Day:
The morning session will comprise an up-to-date brief of the inspections framework, consider how you can prepare and discuss how you can overcome the challenges you may face.
The afternoon session will focus on excellent examples of inspection preparation and partnership working. This is the chance to gain best practice guidance for you take back and implement within your setting.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.email@example.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email:
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from children's social care services, the police, health, probation, voluntary agencies and all those involved in supporting vulnerable children and protecting them from harm.