As we leave the European Union the future brings uncertainty for the higher education market. With 450,660 students coming from overseas, universities are rightly looking at the impact of Brexit on their international student population. The Government’s new International Education Strategy outlines plans to increase student numbers by extending the post-study leave period and supporting international students into recruitment. However, universities must prepare for the potential fluctuation in international student numbers by future-proofing their international student recruitment process to attract the best talent.
Attend this timely Westminster Briefing to examine the Government’s International Education Strategy. Hear how the DfE and Department for International Trade aim to support higher education in attracting international talent and learn from leading institutions who are adapting their processes to attract, support and retain their numbers.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Exploring the International Education Strategy and Government action
- Specific considerations for EU and non-EU students
- Penetrating new markets and maintaining relationships with existing ones
- Predicting and managing the fluctuation of international student numbers
- Managing the influence of future uncertainty on research collaboration and mobility opportunities
- Making financial provisions for future challenges
- Best practice in identifying and attracting international students
- Supporting international students: reducing attrition rates
- Building a strong international brand in existing and new markets
About the Day:
The morning session will focus on the post-Brexit policy landscape for international student recruitment, including a full update on the role of the Office for Students and the impact of the International Education Strategy.
The afternoon session will looks closer at successful recruitment strategies currently in place, offering best practice case studies to take back to your setting.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in international student recruitment and experience, including but not limited to: Deputy Vice-Chancellors, Chief Operating Officers, University Lawyers, Registrars, Student Welfare and Services Teams, Compliance Officers, International Admissions/Recruitment Officers and Planning and Admissions Teams.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657