Ofsted will release its proposed new inspection framework for consultation on 16 February. Following a 12 week consultation, the final framework will be published in the summer and go live from 1 September. Described as “an evolution, not a revolution”, schools will be keen to learn what the new framework will mean for them and will have little time to prepare for the new arrangements between final publication and the start of the autumn term.
Join Westminster Briefing on 30 April for an early look at the new inspection framework and to better understand the direction of travel. Taking place before publication of the final framework but with more time to get ready, the event will examine changes set to be introduced by the new framework, impacts these changes will have, and some of the things that schools can start to do to prepare.
Key issues to be addressed include:
- Outcomes the new inspection framework is trying to achieve
- Timescales, potential changes, and next steps for implementation
- Trialling no-notice inspections and giving inspectors more time in schools
- Placing greater emphasis on curriculum and giving less weight to exam results
- Replacing the Teaching, Learning & Assessment and Outcomes judgment areas with a single new Quality of Education approach
- Splitting the Personal Development, Behaviour & Welfare judgment area into separate Behaviour & Attitudes and Personal Development ones
About the event:
The issues will be divided into three main sessions: 1) New Inspection Processes, 2) Inspection Framework Judgment Areas: Quality of Education, 3) Inspection Framework Judgment Areas: Leadership & Management, Personal Development and Behaviour & Attitudes.
Attendees will have the opportunity to engage the expert panel throughout.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in school inspections, including: head/deputy/assistant headteachers; principles & chief executives; schools administrators; governors; LEAs; teaching unions; inspectors; and representative groups.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657