- Tim Sigsworth MBE, CEO, The Albert Kennedy Trust
- Francesca Albanese, Head of Research and Evaluation, Crisis UK
- Cllr Ric Pallister OBE, South Somerset District Council (event chair)
- Adam Stephenson, Senior Homelessness Prevention and Relief Team, Brent Council
- Further Speakers TBC
The publication of the Rough Sleeping Strategy and Homelessness Reduction Act demonstrate that homelessness is a growing area of concern for both local authorities and the Government. Principally, these reforms have set out statutory recommendations for frontline services to tackle homelessness from prevention to intervention to recovery.
Attend this Westminster Briefing for a full update on the landscape of homelessness and Government plans in this area. You will learn from good practice examples how to improve your services, collaborate with other organisations and work towards meeting the 2027 vision to end rough sleeping.
Key issues to be adressed:
- Updates on the Rough Sleeping Strategy and Homelessness Reduction Act
- Understanding prevention, intervention and recovery in homeless cases
- Effective collaboration between local authorities, housing associations and other frontline services
- Learning from case study examples of good practice from across the country
- Strategies for preventing homelessness in groups disproportionately affected
About the day:
The morning session will look at the Government statute employed to tackle homelessness and rough sleeping.
The afternoon session will examine best practice in reducing homelessness and tackling rough sleeping from across the country and in high-risk groups.
We will provide morning refreshments and a networking lunch. Please let us know about any special needs or dietary requirements.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in tacking homelessness and rough sleeping, including local authority housing officers, housing associations, charities and frontline services.
The event is CPD certified. A certificate is available after the event.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.email@example.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Egan@dodsgroup.com