- Ivan Lewis MP, Co-Chair of the Greater Manchester Homelessness Action Network
- Cllr Beth Knowles, Co-Chair of the Greater Manchester Homelessness Action Network
- Rebecca Sycamore, Executive Director of Development, St Mungo’s
- More Speakers TBC
The Homelessness Reduction Act 2017, due to the implemented in April 2018, places new duties on local authorities surrounding people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. Recognising the additional burden this creates, the Government has promised extra funding through the Flexible Homelessness Support Grant. The Conservative Party Manifesto also included a commitment to set up a new homelessness reduction taskforce, and to pilot a Housing First approach to tackling rough sleeping.
Join Westminster Briefing on 17th November for an up to date brief on the implementation of the 2017 Act, current best practice in reducing homelessness and for a keynote address from Ivan Lewis MP and Cllr Beth Knowles, Co-Chairs of the Greater Manchester Homelessness Action Network.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Implementation of the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017
- Funding available to help tackle homelessness
- Coordination of homelessness reduction work at a national, regional and local level
- Housing First and other new policy developments
- Timescales, responsibilities & impacts of the 2017 Act on local authorities, housing associations, charities & other housing providers
- Fulfilling duties owed to homeless and people at risk of homelessness
- Best practice in reducing homelessness and rough sleeping
The morning will include a keynote address from Ivan Lewis MP and Cllr Beth Knowles, Co-Chairs of the Greater Manchester Homelessness Action Network, as well a session on the implementation of the Homelessness Reduction Act
The afternoon session will look at best practice in reducing homelessness, including early intervention and prevention, advocacy and advice and support for people in rent arears.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in tacking homelessness and rough sleeping, including local authority housing officers, housing associations and charities.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Dominic.Leigh@dodsgroup.com.