Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Sam Elkington, Academic Lead, Assessment/Feedback & Flexible Learning, Higher Education Academy
- Stella Jones-Devitt, Head of Student Research & Evaluation, Sheffield Hallam University
- Penny Haughan, Dean of Students, Liverpool Hope University
- Dr Michael Snowden, University of Huddersfield
- Dr Alison Le Cornu, Flexible Learning Consultant
The Higher Education & Research Act places a duty on the new Office for Students to "promote quality, and greater choice and opportunities for students, in the provision of higher education". It forms the legislation through which the Government hopes to encourage greater choice in HE provision. Flexibility in the Act is defined in terms of a diverse range of: (a) types of provider; (b) higher education courses; and (c) means by which they are provided (eg, full or part-time, distance learning or accelerated courses).
Join Westminster Briefing on 13 July for an up to date brief on embedding flexible learning in higher education. Examine the latest developments and learn from leading institutions taking measures to diversify & improve their learning opportunities and offer greater student choice.
Key issues to be addressed include:
- The Higher Education & Research Act reforms
- A duty to for the new regulator to promote "greater choice & opportunities for students"
- Accelerated degrees
- Transferring credits between courses & providers
- Where learning occurs: promoting & providing work placements
- A greater role for technology in teaching & learning
- Offering greater flexibility to improve access
- Changing organisational cultures & attitudes towards different forms of learning
- Engaging & retaining part-time & distance learners
- Providing a better offer for mature & part-time students
- Developing & implementing processes to aid flexible learning
The morning session will provide an up to date brief on the latest policy developments and consider the next steps for higher education providers.
The afternoon session will examine current good practice case studies and what institutions are already doing to offer more flexible learning.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in embedding flexible learning in higher education.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss speaking opportunities & agenda content, please email: Luke.Espin@westminster-briefing.com