Despite making up 75% of local government jobs, women only account for 24% of local authority chief executives. Meanwhile, just 30% of councillors are female, and there has been little movement in this figure for many years. It is more important than ever that leadership teams in local government are fully representative of the populations they serve.
This Westminster Briefing brings together women from local government to offer practical advice and coaching on how to address the barriers affecting your progression and further develop your career in times of change.
Confirmed to speak:
- Cllr Gillian Keegan, Director, Women2Win
- Cllr Lesley Clarke OBE, Chairman Women’s Local Government Society
- Alison McKenzie-Folan, Deputy CEO, Wigan Council
- Jo Miller, Chief Executive, Doncaster Council & President, Solace
- Sam Smethers, Chief Executive, The Fawcett Society
- Cllr Dora Dixon-Fyle MBE, Southwark Council
- Nan Sloane, Director, Centre for Women & Democracy
- Tinu Cornish, Organisational Psychologist & Chair, The British Psychological Society Diversity and Inclusion at Work Group
- Identify the unique leadership challenges and opportunities facing women in local government today
- Learn how successful women negotiate for what they need to be effective leaders
- Gain a deeper understanding of the skills, qualities and attributes needed to be a successful leader
- Raise the visibility of women as senior leaders in local government
- Create a lasting network of women leaders who are effecting change across local government
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available to confirm your attendance.
Who should attend?
This event is aimed at all those who aspire to move into a leadership role in local government or those already in a senior role looking to progress. If you are passionate about, and committed to, improving your own performance, and that of your team and your organisation, then this briefing is for you.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
For speaking opportunities and agenda content: Claire.Walmsley@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5679