Over recent years volunteers are spending less time to help their communities, at a loss to the UK of more than £1 billion between 2012 and 2015, according to the latest ONS figures. Faced with this general trend, organisations that rely upon volunteers will have to take harder to recruit and retain volunteers and maximise their impact.
Join Westminster Briefing on Thursday 17th May to learn about best practice in volunteer management, as well as the latest policy developments affecting volunteering, including the Civil Society Strategy and the Independent Review of Full-Time Social Action.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Latest Government measures to support volunteering and social action
- Development of the Civil Society Strategy
- Independent Review of Full-Time Social Action
- Doing more to engage people who may be interested in volunteering
- Making your organisation a more attractive place to volunteer
- Matching potential volunteers with appropriate opportunities
- Identifying common reasons why people stop volunteering and overcoming them
- Upskilling your volunteers and giving them rewarding roles
- Recognising the impact of volunteers and making them feel valued
- Handling volunteer complaints and resolving volunteer/staff disputes
Participants will be briefed about and discuss the latest developments in volunteer management.
The morning sessions will examine the policy context in which volunteering operates and the actions stakeholders can take to recruit more volunteers.
The afternoon session will focus on how organisations that use volunteers can improve the volunteer experience to help retain more volunteers.
Who Should Attend?
Attendees will be drawn from organisations who rely on volunteers, including: Community & Voluntary Sector organisations; trustees; volunteer centres; local volunteering networks; public services; and other stakeholders with and interest in this important area.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Dominic.Leigh@dodsgroup.com