- Julie Dennis, Head of Diversity & Inclusion, ACAS
- Ron Lawrence MBE, Crime and Intelligence Command, Nottinghamshire Police
- Debbie Epstein, Senior Inclusion & Diversity Consultant, Inclusive Employers
- Jagtar Singh OBE, Diversity and Inclusion Consultant (event Chair)
- Professor Chantal Davies, Professor of Law, Equality and Diversity, University of Chester
- Further speakers tbc
The Equality Act 2010 legislates that employers can take certain steps to help disadvantaged groups access employment. Positive action, when used properly, can help employer's develop a more representative workforce and help public bodies meet their equality duties.
Join Westminster briefing to discuss the dos and don’ts of positive action and how it can be used in recruitment processes for your workplace.
Key issues to be addressed:
- What is positive action?
- Using positive action in accordance with the equality act
- Making your intentions in using positive action clear and avoiding perceptions of bias
- Using positive action in recruitment internally
- Using positive action in recruitment externally
About the day:
The morning session will focus on understanding positive action and when it can be effectively used.
The afternoon session will focus on best practice in using positive action in both internal and external recruitment.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in creating an inclusive workplace, including: employers; HR managers/officers; wellbeing officers; senior managers; consultants; trade unions, staff network leads and representative groups.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.email@example.com |
0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Olivia.firstname.lastname@example.org