- Angela Greenaway, Head of Transport Accessibility & Inclusion Strategy, Department for Transport
- Simon Lusby, Senior Strategy & Planning Manager (Surface Public Transport), Transport for London
- Mark Dyer, Lead Inclusive Design, High Speed Two (HS2) Ltd
- Stephen Brookes MBE, Ambassador, Disability Rights UK & Non-Executive Director, Blackpool Transport
- Faryal Velmi, Director, Transport for All
- Louise Coward, Insight Manager, Transport Focus
- Gary Mazin, Disability Awareness Trainer, Enhance the UK
- Graham Neale (Chair), Sustainable Communities
Disabled people still face a range of challenges when using public transport, from boarding and alighting buses, moving around train stations, to accessing facilities whilst travelling. The Government has acknowledged that problems still persist and has promised a new draft accessibility plan to be published later this year.
Join Westminster Briefing to hear from Angela Greenaway, Head of Transport Accessibility & Inclusion Strategy, Department for Transport and discover the latest tools, techniques and strategies being deployed to successfully and swiftly break down barriers faced by disabled people so they may access all modes of public transport.
Key issues to be addressed:
- The new draft accessibility action plan to be published later this year
- Promoting physical accessibility and eliminating poor provisions
- Improving behaviour towards disabled passengers
- Better training for staff across public transport
- Sharing strategies that have proven successful
- Providing clearer information
Who should attend?
Join a wide range of transport stakeholders including strategy directors, planners, elected officials from local authorities, as well as, transport bodies, passenger groups, businesses and community transport representatives and anyone with an interest in the transport accessibility.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: email@example.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss speaking opportunities and/or the agenda, please email: Calum.Ennis@westminster-briefing.com