Potholes are an ever-growing problem on Britain’s roads, making it harder for users to navigate the road, causing havoc to cyclists, potential damage to vehicles and presenting a clear and increasing safety hazard to all users. Roads in Britain are in need of millions of pounds worth of repairs.
Hear first-hand from Steve Berry OBE, Head of Highways Maintenance, Innovation, Resilience, Light Rail & Cableways at the Department for Transport and discover the latest in DfT funding, timescales and approach to tackling this problem. As well as, the chance to listen and engage with other Local Authorities, uncover best practice and address what further changes and investment is needed to boost Britain’s roads.
Confirmed to speak:
- Chair: Steve Gooding, Chair, RAC Foundation
- Keynote: Steve Berry OBE, Head, Highways Maintenance, Innovation, Resilience, Light Rail & Cableways, Department for Transport
- Speaker: Gary Mallin, Contract Manager, Ringway Jacobs/Cheshire East Highways
- Speaker: Roger Geffen, Policy Director, Cycling UK
- Additional speakers tbc
Key issues to be addressed:
- Up-to-date brief of current asset management policy & strategy
- DfT Incentive Fund allocations
- Identifying opportunities for cost-efficiency
- Leadership & commitment in LAs: what are the priorities for your area?
- Establishing a resilient network
- Funding allocations for the £250 million Pothole Action Fund
- Working in partnership with the Highways England
- Impact of the Road Investment Strategy and preparing for RIS2
- Benchmarking & efficiency: Hearing and sharing good practice with other LAs
- Insight from successful existing regional partnerships
- Balancing public expectations of road maintenance with financial limitation
Who should attend?
Delegates will be drawn from a wide range of stakeholders including, but not limited to: local authority highways teams, elected members, planning, road maintenance organisations, sector bodies and others.
The morning session will focus on the latest developments in asset management, policy & strategy around pothole management.
The afternoon will be an opportunity to examine and discuss best practice.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: email@example.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org