- Rick Green, Chairman, Asphalt Industry Alliance
- Nicholas Lyes, Policy Lead, RAC
- Graham Neale, Sustainable Communities Consultant (chair)
- Dave Hardy, Senior Product Support and Development Manager, Tarmac Highway Services
- Further speakers to be announced
Recent years have seen increasingly adverse weather conditions hitting the UK. Due to these increasing extremities, the cold winters and hot summers are taking their toll on UK roads causing a greater risk of potholes and general damage.
The government is now announcing new trials to help future proof roads and reduce the threat of potholes, as well as announcing an additional £420 million for road maintenance in November’s Budget. Join us on Wednesday 17th April to hear the latest strategies, funding and practices from policy and practitioner experts in building more resilient roads for the future.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Latest strategies to tackle potholes and build resilient roads
- New funding commitments from Government
- Key technology research and implementation projects
- Latest initiatives to pre-empt and prevent damage to roads
- Considering collaborative work across neighbouring local authorities
About the Day:
The morning sessions will identify the latest commitments and funding from government to assist local authorities in highways maintenance, as well as analyse new initiatives being tried and tested around the country
The afternoon session will focus on sharing lessons learned, good practice initiatives and innovative new opportunities from local authorities and experts.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who should attend?
Delegates will be drawn from a wide range of stakeholders including, but not limited to: local authority highways teams, elected members, planning, road maintenance organisations, sector bodies and others.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org