Over this Parliament, £13bn will be invested in transport for the Northern Powerhouse, from road construction, to rail electrification, to deeper integration and the potential roll out of smart travel. The Northern Transport Strategy aims to deliver a more effective and efficient way to travel.
Join your colleagues, peers and leading practitioners David Sidebottom, Passenger Director and Liz Hunter, Head of Transport Policy from across Northern England to discuss and debate the challenges and potential solutions that lay ahead of us. How will you influence the future of transport in the North?
Confirmed to speak:
- Jonathan Spruce, Interim Head of Policy & Strategy, Transport for the North
- Liz Hunter, Head of Transport Policy, West Yorkshire Combined Authority
- David Sidebottom, Passenger Director, Transport Focus
- Transport for Greater Manchester, speaker tbc
Key points that will be addressed:
- Single economy: Understand how the Northern Transport Strategy is helping the creation of a single Northern economy
- New funding: What schemes will benefit from £2.9bn of investments in roads, £1bn in rail, £690m to tackle congestion and an additional £147m to boost additional road construction
- Passenger expectation: Ensuring the latest passenger needs and demands are met
- East-West movement: Continuing to improve east-west movement, cutting down journey times and increasing productivity
- Smart travel and technology: Rolling out smart ticketing and ensuring key objectives are delivered, once approved
- Working collaboratively: Working together to deliver transport and wider policies to develop the Northern Powerhouse
- Devolution: Addressing new opportunities for a city-to-city and city-to-region transport network
- Next steps: Where should the focus lie for future investment and development? What are the biggest challenges transport in the North faces?
The morning session will feature a keynote looking at the latest policy developments around the Northern Transport Strategy. Following this the rest of the morning will address how transport in the North can be improved and what new funding is available to help.
The afternoon session will build on this further, focusing on what the latest challenges are and potential solutions.
The event is CPD certified, and you will be presented with a certificate confirming your attendance.
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org | 0207 593 5695
For registration enquiries please contact: email@example.com | 0207 593 5657