- Senior Representative, Suzy Lamplugh Trust
- Jane Monckton Smith, Forensic Criminologist specialising in homicide, stalking and coercive control
- Jan Berry, Protection Against Stalking
- Jane Harvey, Independent Stalking Advocacy Caseworker – ISAC
- Chris Miller, Chair of the Local Safeguarding Children's Board, Harrow Council (Chair)
- Further speakers to be announced
The Stalking Protection Act was given Royal Ascent on 15 March and will now introduce new powers that give police greater authority to address the specific danger that perpetrators pose while they gather more evidence. The powers include restricting perpetrators actions, including stopping them from contacting the victim, and the ability to refer stalkers to be psychologically assessed.
Join us on 25 June to find out more on the new legislation and the impact it will have on your work to deter perpetrators and protect victims of stalking. Learn lessons on how the legislation can be implemented in practice and how to overcome potential challenges.
Key issues to be addressed include:
- Overview of the Stalking Protection Act & how it differs from the Harassment Act 1997
- Creating more efficient support service for victims of stalking
- Dealing with offenders in breach of protection orders
- Investigating alleged stalkers, the accusations and assessing the risk
- Measures to protect victims of stalking
- Proactive responses to prevent harm to victims
About the event:
The morning session will focus on an update on the national policy landscape, including the new powers introduced by the Stalking Protection Act and the role of different actors in handling a stalking case.
The afternoon session will examine practical case studies and proactive strategies to deter prosecutors and protect victims from stalking.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in protecting victims of stalking, including: community safety and CSP teams, the police, PCCs, local authorities, Ministry of Justice, Home Office, children’s services, LCJB, the CPS and Courts Service, charities, victim support among many more.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org