The UK is sleepwalking into a low paid, low skills and low productivity economy. Productivity levels are behind G7 nations and still below the levels of the financial crash.
The Government has recognised the severity of the problem and responded by releasing the UK Industry Strategy and additional consultations. These changes will deliver a new world-class technical education system, boost the number of those choosing apprenticeships and have a greater focus on the needs of employers.
Learn more about these fundamental changes and discuss the next steps for UK skills with over 150 policymakers and practitioners at the 8th annual Skills Summit.
Website and full agenda:
Check out the latest confirmed speaker line-up and up-to-date agenda on our website here.
Key points for 2019:
- Closing the skills gap, driving forwards apprenticeships schemes
- Teenage apprenticeships: awareness deficit
- The Industrial Strategy and skills after Brexit?
- Understanding regional employer needs
- Creating degree based apprenticeships
- T-Levels, a new career pathway
- Recruiting more apprentices
- Improving workplace skills
- National Retraining Scheme
- Hear the latest Government plans to boost skills and how this will impact your organisation
- Better understand the direction of travel and challenges
- Network with colleagues from across the sector
- Learn more future initiatives
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available to confirm your attendance.
Interested in attending?
For registration enquiries please contact: email@example.com | 020 7593 5556