Within a landscape where pressure is mounting around teacher recruitment, retention and pupil outcomes, investing in staff development has never been more important. Learn how you can build a self-improving culture and remove barriers to learning, having a lasting impact in the classroom.
Attend this Westminster Briefing to explore the policy landscape and most recent practices in the continuing professional development of the teaching workforce. Hear from the Department for Education and learn from a range of best practice case studies from schools, teaching schools and associations who have demonstrated excellence in implementing continuing professional development.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- An overview of the Standard for Teachers’ Professional Development
- Outlining the main areas of focus for the Teaching and Leadership Innovation Fund (TLIF)
- Highlighting the next steps to enhance and future-proof the CPD landscape
- Promoting both high-quality professional development and recruitment as well as retention of teachers
- Developing a culture in which all staff are given some leadership opportunities
- Ensuring CPD is adequately resourced within budgetary constraints
- Exploring the success of highly research-engaged schools which use evidence-informed risk-taking
- Best practice: highlighting examples in developing collaborative and inquiry-led CPD programmes
- A whole school approach to increase retention and enhance career progression
- Moving away from one-day and stand-alone CPD activities towards more structured and sustained programmes
The morning session will focus on recent and forthcoming developments in staff development policy and practice, and how it is inspected.
The afternoon session will build on this, focusing on individual experiences and examples of best practice, learning from schools that effectively develop and retain their staff and what more you can do in your setting.
Who Should Attend?
You will join a range of education stakeholders including, but not limited to: Headteachers, Senior Leaders, Curriculum Leads, School Business Managers, Governors, Local Authority Representatives and anyone involved or interested in staff CPD.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Rhys.Moffat@dodsgroup.com