- Alan Carter, Director of Portfolio Management, The Land Trus
- Stefania Horne, Head of Parks and Leisure, London Borough of Hounslow
- Paul Rabbitts, Head of Parks, Open Spaces & Projects, Watford Borough Council
- Eddie Curry, Head of Parks, Open Spaces & Investment Funding, Nottingham City Council
- Further speakers to be announced
Parks and green spaces serve communities in many ways, contributing to the health and wellbeing of local citizens as well as encouraging local biodiversity. Park Managers are faced with an increasing number of challenges, including decreased budgets, an increased focus on generating income, encouraging biodiversity and providing a reputable service for the community.
Join Westminster Briefing on 30th October to hear about the latest policy developments affecting parks and green spaces and to learn from best practice in park management from around the country.
Key issues to be addressed include:
- Recognising the ongoing challenges facing parks and green spaces
- Protecting and encouraging biodiversity in parks and green spaces
- Community involvement and empowerment: encouraging cooperation between LAs, park forums and other community groups
- Managing a park and green space on limited resources
- Best practices in effectively managing parks & green spaces from around the country
About the event:
The morning session will focus on enhancing the use of parks and green spaces through good management and initiatives. It will also be discussed how to encourage a growth in biodiversity across parks and green spaces.
The afternoon session will give attendees the chance to from good practice case studies as to have parks and green spaces are being effectively managed.
Who should attend?
Delegates will be drawn from anyone with an interest in parks and green spaces, such as Parks Management Officers; Public Health Managers; Parks Managers; Health & Wellbeing Development Officers; Heads of Parks & Open Spaces; Parks Technical Supervisors; Parks Development Officers; Principal Parks Officers; Parks & Environment Managers; Public Spaces Managers; Greenspace Managers; Green Space Team Leaders; Grounds Maintenance Managers; Streetscene & Landscape Managers; Environmental Services Managers
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org