- Tonya Antonis, Chief Superintendent, Suffolk Police
- Jeffrey DeMarco, Research Director, NatCen
- Franstine Jones, Vice President, National Black Police Association
- Further speakers to be confirmed.
The NPCC/APCC Policing Vision 2025 states that (by 2025) policing will be a profession with a more representative workforce that will align the right skills, powers and experiences to meet the challenges of today. Effective policing can only be achieved by retaining legitimacy with the public through transparency, engagement and an ethical and fair application of the law by a workforce that reflects the people it serves.
Join Westminster Briefing to hear from Gareth Wilson, Chair of the NPCC Diversity, Equality and Inclusion Coordination Committee, on how to meet the challenges of the new NPCC Diversity, Equality & Inclusion Strategy.
Key issues to be addressed:
- The importance of an inclusive police force
- Your statutory duties as per The Public Sector Equality Duty and The Equality Act 2010
- Understanding the composition of your workforce
- Developing your staff to better understand diversity and equality
- Creating an inclusive culture where people feel confident to disclose their characteristics.
- Maximising the transparency of your organisation to ensure your activities can be scrutinised and improved
The Morning sessions will provide an overview of the new strategy and why it is necassary. .
The Afternoon session will look at best practice examples where employers could and have implemented strategies to diversify their forces.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in meeting the targets set by the Policing Vision 2025, including but not limited to Chief Constables, Police Officers; HR Managers; Staff Network Leads; legal officers; Recruitment Managers & Office Managers.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Olivia.email@example.com