Join us at this Safeguarding and Online Safety Westminster Briefing event for an up to date brief on how to keep pupils safe in school under the revised framework. Make sure your safeguarding policies are current and comprehensive, accounting for increasingly visible issues such as sexual harassment as well as internet safety.
It is important that children are protected from the risks they may encounter online. The DfE will give an update on the Government’s policies in this area, followed by experts in the field including schools that have been successfully inspected under the updated Ofsted framework.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- An overview of the Government’s policy on statutory safeguarding guidance for schools
- The roles of Safeguarding Leads, Heads, Governors and Academy Trust leaders
- School safeguarding policies: how revised duties should be referenced and reflected
- Online safety: protecting children from harm at school and at home
- Implications of the new definition of Child Sexual Exploitation
- What will schools be required to teach pupils about safeguarding?
- Best practice: developing a comprehensive safeguarding development plan
- A whole school approach to help keep children safe online
- Meeting responsibilities around Prevent, FGM & tackling CSE
- Dealing appropriately with allegations against staff
The morning session will focus on recent and forthcoming developments in Safeguarding policy and practice, and how it is inspected.
The afternoon session will build on this, focusing on individual experiences and examples of best practice, learning from schools that effectively safeguard their children what more you can do in your setting.
Who Should Attend?
You will join a range of education stakeholders including, but not limited to: Headteachers, Senior Leaders, Safeguarding Leads, School Business Managers, Governors, Local Authority Representatives and anyone involved or interested in child safety.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Rhys.Moffat@dodsgroup.com