How prepared is your organisation for a crisis?
Crises are fast-moving, usually unexpected and can continue to cause damage long after the incident is over. With the recent tragedies striking across the UK from, terrorist attacks, fires to extreme weather, crisis communications is at the forefront of helping keep people safe, as well as, protecting your organisation.
Join your colleagues and peers from across the public sector to discuss the latest in crisis communications strategy, from identifying risks, ensuring the right channels are being used, working with the media and best practice to prepare for the unforeseeable.
Website and full agenda:
Check out the latest confirmed speaker line-up and up-to-date agenda on our website here.
Key topics from 2019 included:
- Being prepared: Creating and maintain an up-to-date crisis communications strategy
- Thinking and acting swiftly: How social media monitoring can prevent a larger crisis
- Crisis communications-building public confidence
- Identify and understand your key stakeholders
- Short term crisis, long term consequences
- Understanding and working with journalists
- The future of crisis communications
The 2019 speaker line-up included:
- Iain Campbell, Communications Manager, Resilience Division, The Scottish Government
- Rachel Carr, Director of Communications, Department of Health and Social Care
- Paul Richards, Former Special Adviser and author of Be Your Own Spin Doctor
- Garry Evanson, Head of Security & Emergency Planning, Westminster Abbey
- Laurie Bell, Director Communities and Communications, Wiltshire Council
- Ryszard Bublik, CEO and founder, Social360 social media monitoring
- James Lindsay, Crisis Manager, Cambridge Analytica 2018
- Cormac Smith, Strategic Communication Specialist
- Joey Jones, Strategic Council, Cicero Group
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
Interested in attending?
For registration enquiries please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 0207 593 5657