Changes encapsulated in Traffic Signs Regulations & General Directions 2016 came into full force just over one year ago. New powers included giving councils the ability to remove road signs that are an eyesore and distract drivers. Join this Westminster Briefing event to explore what affect these changes have had so far and what further changes are needed.
How can local authorities continue to take advantage of potential efficiencies such as simpler sign rules for sign lighting, while ensuring safety-critical regulatory signs continue to fulfil their purpose? We will discuss these issues alongside the need for effective risk-based analysis and hear examples of best practice to take back and implement with your colleagues.
Key issues to be addressed:
- An outline of the changes to sign requirements and markings
- Simpler sign rules: Analysing how the new powers are being used by local authorities
- Ensuring temporary signs have a 'remove by' date
- In what situations will LAs need to light signage?
- Taking into account cyclists and walkers when installing signage
- Road safety: Impacts of sign changes on audits and road safety generally
- Making savings through joint working and in your area
- Good practice to take back and implement with colleagues
- Hearing examples of signing roads and implementing the new regulations
Confirmed to speak:
- Heather Ward, Honorary Senior Research Associate, UCL
- Dave Johnson, Highways Manager, TfL
Who should attend?
Delegates will be drawn from across the signage and street furniture areas particularly: traffic engineers, traffic & road safety managers, transport officers, senior managers and elected members from local authorities as well as signage, engineering and consultancy firms.
The morning session will examine changes to the policy and regulations and consider how these might affect your work so you can continue to get things right in your setting.
During the afternoon's best practice session we will explore how you can best take advantage of the increased freedom to tailor signage to your setting and save money.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: email@example.com