- Katherine Richardson, Deputy Director, Resilience and Emergencies, Department for Communities & Local Government
- Tony Thompson, Chair, Emergency Planning Society
- Lord Toby Harris, Author, An Independent Review of London’s Preparedness to Respond to a Major Terrorist Incident
- Cllr Ric Pallister, Leader, South Somerset District Council
- Further speakers TBC
The need for effective emergency planning is perhaps greater than ever. Recent events have brought into sharp focus the importance of good preparation and responses to major crises.
Join us in November to hear from Katherine Richardson, Deputy Director, Resilience and Emergencies, DCLG on Government action and the national landscape of emergency planning. You will explore how to build local resilience, hear case studies of ‘what works’ in emergency planning, and network with colleagues from across the country.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Understanding Government action and the national landscape
- Learning lessons from recent major incidents
- The terrorism threat: building local resilience to prepare for and respond to an attack
- Developing collaboration agreements between police, local authorities, fire and rescue services and health partners
- Ensuring effective communications prior to, and during, a major incident
- Business continuity: ensuring resilience before and after crises
- Case studies of successfully preparing for and responding to incidents
About the Day:
The morning session will focus on the policy landscape of emergency planning and the effect that recent major incidents have had. Our expert-led panel will dicuss issues such as terrorism-preparedness, the importance of effective communication during emergencies, and strategies to develop local plans and collaborations.
Delegates in the afternoon session will explore best practice in emergency planning, and how you can practically develop your resilience strategy.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.email@example.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email:
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from across public services involved in emergency planning, including: Heads of Resilience; Business Continuity Managers; Community Safety Managers; Emergency Planning Managers; Heads of Public Protection; Emergency Risk Planners; Civil Contingencies Managers; Disaster Response Managers; Directors of Public Health and all others whose role touches on crisis resilience.