Ofsted has now published its new education inspection framework. This publication will require early years providers to revise their current approaches to the overall effectiveness of their curriculum, the quality of education, the management of behaviour and attitudes, approaches personal development and leadership and management. With implementation beginning from this autumn, early years providers must get to grips with the new judgement areas quickly in order to ensure they are meeting the criteria laid out in the early years inspection handbook.
Join Westminster Briefing on 10 September to review the changes to early years inspections and how this will affect local authorities, children’s services and academic organisations in the autumn term.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Understanding the changes to the inspection processes: before, during and after
- Implementing the new framework in your services
- Exploring inspection methodology and post-inspection actions
- Evaluating new and existing policies and procedures around safeguarding and early years provision
- Demonstrating good performance management and professional development
- Working within multi-agency partnership systems and complying with Ofsted
- Identifying and building on improvement areas
- How to meet service standards: best practice case studies
The response to the new early years inspection processes will be divided into sessions focused on the following topics:
- Update on the new framework
- Building a Curriculum: Evidencing Overall Effectiveness & Quality of Education
- Judgement Criteria: Behaviour & Attitudes, Personal Development, Leadership & Management
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from, but not excluded to: early years providers, children's centres, nurseries, primary schools, children’s residential care managers and staff, social workers, commissioners, fostering officers, child welfare & protection teams and anyone working in local authority children's and early years services.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657