Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Richard Guyatt, Planning Partner, Bond Dickinson & Immediate Past Chairman, Compulsory Purchase Association
- Mike Kiely, Chair, Planning Officers’ Society
- Richard Asher, Director, Compulsory Purchase, Savills
- Ben Thomas, Senior Surveyor, Carter Jonas
- Alexander Booth QC, Barrister, Francis Taylor Building
- Jane Linley, Lawyer, NP Law
- Virginia Blackman, Director, Head of Compulsory Purchase, GVA
- Cllr Ric Pallister, Leader, South Somerset District Council (event chair)
According to its recent Housing White Paper, the Government plans to “encourage more active use of compulsory purchase powers to promote development on stalled sites for housing”. This follows reforms made in last year’s Housing & Planning Act and those introduced via the Neighbourhood Planning Act.
Join Westminster Briefing on 13th July for an up-to-date brief on Government plans to encourage LPAs to make greater use of CPO powers, Housing & Planning Act & Neighbourhood Planning Act reforms, and current good practice in using CPO powers to promote development.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Government plans to encourage LPAs use CPO powers
- Changes introduced by The Housing & Planning Act & Neighbourhood Planning Act
- Timescales, responsibilities & impacts
- Using the right enabling power
- Putting together a strong case & getting the right advice
- Improving partnership working
- Case study examples of success
The morning sessions will examine Government plans to encourage more active use of CPOs and how, through the Housing & Planning Act and Neighbourhood Planning Act, compulsory purchase law has recently changed.
The afternoon session will look at current good practice in using CPO powers to promote development, including case study examples.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in CPOs, including: developers; solicitors; Local Planning Authorities; town centre managers; surveyors; planning consultants; elected members; & land owners.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com |
0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities & agenda content, please email: Dominic.Leigh@dodsgroup.com