Confirmed to Speak:
- Stephen Haddrill, Chief Executive Officer, Financial Reporting Council
- Peter Swabey, Policy & Research Director, ICSA: The Governance Institute
- Oliver Parry, Corporate Governance Director, Morrow Sodali
- Timothy Copnell, Associate Partner, KPMG in the UK & COO, KPMG Board Leadership Centre
- Jeannette Andrews, Corporate Governance Manager, Legal & General Investment Management
- Carol Shutkever, Senior Corporate Partner & Co-Head - Corporate Governance Advisory Team, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Paul Moxey, Visiting Professor in Corporate Governance, London South Bank University (event chair)
The Government has announced nine corporate governance reforms that it hopes to bring into effect by June of 2018. Revisions are set to be made by the FRC to the Corporate Governance Code including strengthening the voice of employees and customers, changes to rules over executive pay and the mandatory disclosure of corporate governance arrangements in company reports.
Attend this timely Westminster Briefing event to get a comprehensive overview of the direction of travel for Corporate Governance Reform in 2018. Hear from Stephen Haddrill, Chief Executive Officer of the Financial Reporting Council and learn what the forthcoming changes mean for you.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Update on the Government’s response to the Corporate Governance green paper consultation
- Overview of revisions to the Corporate Governance Code
- Changes to rules over executive pay
- Strengthening the employee, customer and wider stakeholder voice
- Corporate governance in larger privately-held businesses
- Disclosure of corporate governance arrangements in company reports and on websites
- Timescales for reforms of the Corporate Governance Code, possible secondary legislation and when these reforms will come into effect
- Good corporate governance practice
- Deciding how to apply the Code’s principles, and communicating your approach to shareholders and other stakeholders
- Implementing the “comply or explain” principle in practice
- Enhancing the relationship between boards, corporate culture and performance
About the Event:
In the morning session, you will hear from the Chief Executive of the FRC to examine the future changes to corporate governance, including the Government’s response to the Corporate Governance green paper consultation and what it means for you.
The afternoon session will be focused on current corporate governance good practice and learning how to apply the Code’s new principles in your setting.
Who Should Attend?
Attendees will be drawn from anyone with an interest in corporate governance, including: company secretaries; legal & compliance officers; directors; & shareholder and employee representatives.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Walker-Lane@westminster-briefing.com
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.