- Dave Jones, Senior Planning Manager, Planning Casework Unit, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Richard Guyatt, Partner, Planning, Womble Bond Dickinson & Past Chair, Compulsory Purchase Association
- Meyric Lewis, Barrister, FTB Chambers
- James Dewey, Director – Head of Compulsory Purchase and Compensation, Gateley Hamer
- Toni Weston, Director, Gowling WLG
- Mark Warnett, Associate Partner, Carter Jonas
- Cllr Ric Pallister OBE, Leader, South Somerset District Council (event chair)
In September 2017, the Government published updated guidance on the Compulsory Purchase process and Crichel Down Rules, as well as the new model claim form for claiming compensation. Meanwhile, reforms included in the Housing & Planning Act and the Neighbourhood Planning Act are currently being implemented.
Join Westminster Briefing on 25th January 2018 for an up-to-date brief from Dave Jones, Senior Planning Manager, Planning Casework Unit, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government on the latest policy developments affecting Compulsory Purchase Orders and to hear about best practice in the use of CPOs.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Guidance on Compulsory purchase process and Crichel Down Rules
- Model claim form for claiming compensation
- Changes introduced by the Housing & Planning Act and Neighbourhood Planning Act
- Choosing the right power and justifying a CPO
- Preparing and making a compulsory purchase order
- Consideration of CPOs
- Implementing a compulsory purchase order
- Determining compensation levels and the procedure for advance payments
- Good practice in the use of CPOs: Overcoming barriers to development
The morning will focus on the Compulsory Purchase process, including the Government's updated guidance and new model claim form for claiming compensation.
The afternoon session will examine best practice in the use of CPOs, addressing the main barriers in the current system and how to overcome them.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from anyone with an interest in compulsory purchase orders, including: planning & regeneration officers; elected members; developers; solicitors & land owners.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Dominic.Leigh@dodsgroup.com