- Dame Vera Baird QC, PCC, Northumbria and Former Chair, Association of Police and Crime Commissioners
- Nick Alston, Chair, Policing Institute for the Eastern Region and former PCC
- Cllr Anita Lower, Deputy Chair of the Safer and Stronger Communities Board, Local Government Association
- Chris O'Connor, Head of Community Safety, London Fire Brigade
- Professor Andy Newton, Chair, College of Paramedics
- Further speakers TBC
The Conservative Party Manifesto commits the new Government to a range of community safety and policing measures. The upcoming changes will affect all local decision-makers and practitioners with a stake in community safety.
Attend this Westminster Briefing to receive an overview of the new Government’s plans for community safety and policing. Join colleagues from across the country to explore policy priorities, the changing role of the police and the impact of recent major events on the national landscape.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Policy priorities for the new Government
- Modernising the police force: tackling new threats and improving the service to the public
- The Policing and Crime Act 2017: responding to reform and meeting the new duties
- Five years on from the first PCC elections: assessing the role and powers of commissioners and their offices
- Using community safety partnerships to tackle crime and disorder effectively
- Joined-up working between Fire & Rescue Services, health sector, charities and other local partners
- Lessons from the Grenfell Tower fire and the implications for community safety
About the Day:
The event will aim to provide a comprehensive brief of the agenda for community safety under the new Government. The day will be split into four sessions, looking at different areas of community safety:
- Understanding the Government’s approach to community safety
- Next steps for the Police & PCCs: the national landscape and Government action
- The role of Local Authorities in safeguarding the public
- Working in partnership across the community safety spectrum
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from across local services and charities, including: police services, PCCs and their offices, Home Office, local authorities, fire & rescue services, prisons, probation, health services, local councillors, the third sector and all other community safety stakeholders.