Confirmed to speak:
- Rachel Pryke, GP & Clinical Advisor on Obesity and Nutrition, RCGP
- Ian Nutt, Head of Programmes Development, Soil Association Food for Life
- Jennifer Rosborough, Campaign Manager, Action on Sugar
- Further Speakers TBA
Last year, the Government published their Childhood Obesity Strategy, outlining their plan to reduce sugar, promote healthy eating and encourage active lifestyles. While some progress has been made since then, much more needs to be done to tackle this increasingly problematic issue. Public Health England have recently announced the development of a calorie reduction programme, but with one in three children still leave primary school overweight or obese and with a recent significant rise in the number of childhood diabetes cases, what more can you do in your area to tackle childhood obesity?
Join this Westminster Briefing event to examine your next steps following the release of last year’s Childhood Obesity Strategy and learn what you can do locally to improve outcomes for children in your area. This is an opportunity to hear from our panel of experts and gain practical guidance to improve your approach moving forward.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Comprehensive overview of the Childhood Obesity Strategy and the progress made since last year
- Examples of innovative local approaches for tackling childhood obesity
- Developing the role of schools in promoting healthy eating and exercise
- Providing accessible sport & physical activities in and out of school settings
- Promoting healthy eating and physical activity in early years settings
- Tackling the rise of type 2 diabetes in children
- Local authorities: limiting the spread of unhealthy food outlets in your area
- Improving the provision of healthy food in all public sector settings
- The role of Health Visitors, School Nurses and other health professionals in tackling childhood obesity
- Tackling the dual problems of childhood obesity and health inequalities
The morning session will focus on the steps that you can take to prevent and reduce childhood obesity and how to embed these into your approach.
The afternoon session will examine best practice examples of local initiatives that promote prevention and early intervention against obesity in children.
Who should attend?
Delegates will be drawn from: Public health teams, schools, Health & Wellbeing Boards, school nurses & health visitors, dieticians & nutritionists, sport & leisure officers, CCGs, clinical leads, charities and any-one with an interest in childhood obesity, public health and physical activity.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Walker-Lane@westminster-briefing.com
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.