In July 2017, the new Charity Governance Code was published, setting out guidance on a wide range of issues including organisational purpose, leadership, risk management, transparency and accountability.
The new guidance was put together by a cross-sector steering group and has been endorsed by the Charity Commission, which withdrew its own 'Hallmarks of an Effective Charity' document and has encouraged charities to use the new Code.
Join Westminster Briefing on Thursday 23rd November for an up to date brief on how to follow the new Charity Governance Code and to learn about good practice in charity governance.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Meeting the new Charity Governance Code
- The role of governance in determining your charity’s organisational purpose
- Reviewing how effectively your charity is meeting its goals
- The role of the chair, vice-chair and wider board in providing strategic leadership within a charity
- Recommended practice in risk management
- Oversight of subsidiary companies and third party organisations
- Good governance practice
- Recruiting and retaining effective trustees
- Best practice in increasing board diversity
- Establishing effective links between trustees and management
- Improving transparency and accountability procedures
The morning will focus on the implementation of the new Charity Governance Code.
The afternoon session will look at good practice in charity governance, giving delegates an opportunity to learn from different approaches.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from across the voluntary and community sector, including: charity managers and senior officers; trustees; solicitors; volunteer centres; local volunteering networks; and social enterprises.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Dominic.Leigh@dodsgroup.com