Confirmed to speak:
- Stephen Joseph, Chief Executive, Campaign for Better Transport
- Linda McCord, Senior Stakeholder Manager, Transport Focus
- John Pope, Policy Advisor, Public Transport Consortium, LGA
- Hilary Chipping, Deputy CEO/ Head of Infrastructure, South East Midlands LEP
- Giles Fearnley, Managing Director, First Bus
- Andy Gibbons, Head of Public Transport, Nottingham City Council
- Tom Hennessey, Head of Transport, Access & Road Safety, Hertfordshire County Council
- Peter Shelley, Head of Passenger Transport, Hampshire County Council
- (Chair) Professor Peter White, Professor Emeritus, University of Westminster
The Bus Services Act has just received Royal Assent, affecting every Local Authority across the UK. Giving new powers to Local Transport Authorities to plan, develop and regulate bus services that guarantee on service quality and offers passengers a simpler, integrated ticketing system.
Attend this timely Westminster Briefing event and discover what these reforms will mean for your area. This is the opportunity to assess the current state of local bus services, identify areas for improvement, share good practice and prepare for the next steps.
Key issues to be addressed:
- The Bus Services Act and what this means for your local area
- Local franchising arrangements
- Enhancing the partnerships between local authorities and bus operators
- New bus travel apps
- Introducing standard ticketing rules in your area
- Ensuring bus routes support local economic development
- The impact of regional English devolution settlements
- Delivering a robust and cost-effective local bus service
- Understanding what different passengers value in bus services
- Sharing strategies in improving reliability and punctuality
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Dominic.Collyer@westminster-briefing.com
You will join a range of bus and transport stakeholders including leaders, strategy directors, planners and elected members in local authorities and transport executives; bus service providers; passenger representative groups; business and LEP representatives; health, education and community transport representatives and anyone with an interest in the future of local bus services.