Confirmed to Speak:
- Mark Dawe, Chief Executive, AELP
- Paul Warner, Director of Research & Development, AELP
- Teresa Frith, Senior Skills Policy Manager, Association of Colleges
- Rod Natkiel, Chief Executive, Fair Train
- Fiona Hawkesley, National Accounts Director, Remit Training
- Verity Davidge, Head of Skills and Education Policy, EEF
- Further Speakers TBA
The first official figures published after the introduction of the Levy show a 61% decline in apprenticeship starts on the same period for the previous year. While stakeholders across the sector have expressed concerns about the implementation of recent reforms, the Government is committed to making them work and has an ambitious commitment to create 3 million apprenticeships by 2020.
Join Westminster Briefing on 22 February for an up to date brief on delivering apprenticeships after the levy. We will examine the latest policy developments, problems in the system & how they can be overcome, and the role of providers in making the reforms work.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Latest Government apprenticeships policies & actions
- Removing barriers that stop employers taking on apprentices
- Incentivising employers to recruit young apprentices
- Offering apprenticeships at different levels
- Time mandated for on-the-job vs off-the-job training
- Maintaining standards
- Apprenticeships & non levy paying employers
- Positive actions providers can take
- Engaging employers
- Different issues facing colleges and training providers
The morning sessions will focus on government actions and how the apprenticeship system is being refined.
The afternoon sessions will examine how providers are responding to change and pro-active steps they can take to make the reforms work.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in apprenticeships, including: apprenticeship & training providers; FE colleges; local skills partnerships; & the wider education & training sector.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com |
0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: email@example.com