The Government have announced that they will consult on a revised Air Quality Plan by 24 April with a final plan due to be published in the Summer.
Attend this timely Westminster Briefing event to hear about and discuss the Government’s plans for air quality. This an opportunity to examine local air quality management strategies, discover innovative ways to improving air quality and explore developments such as additional funding for cycling & walking and implementing more low emission vehicles in your locality.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Comprehensive update on latest developments in air quality policy
- Assessing the access to funding to support pollution reduction
- Guidance on action planning
- National and Local constraints: focussing resources and prioritising appropriately
- Local Transport Plans: options for limiting emissions from transport and mitigating their effects
- Encouraging more cycling & walking to cut emissions
- Impact of Brexit: what could this mean for LAQM objectives?
- Effective partnership working and making the best use of opportunities to improve air quality
- Exploring new and innovative measures to help meet air quality objectives
- How are other Local Authorities meeting LAQM objectives?
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Zoe.Johnson@westminster-briefing.com
Who should attend?
Delegates will be drawn from areas including local air quality teams, environmental health and protection, public health, transport strategy, elected officials, consultants, planning, public transportation and anyone with an involvement or interest in air pollution and quality.