Confirmed speakers include:
- Sue Armstrong, Chief Executive, Adoption UK
- John Simmonds OBE, Director of Policy, Research and Development, CoramBAAF
- Joanne Alper, Director of Services, Adoptionplus
- Jane Turner, Social Worker, Adoption Support Team, Devon Adoption
- Further speakers TBC
With the Government’s adoption strategy now in its second year, questions are still being raised concerning the new adoption process. Furthermore, how regional adoption agencies will be funded to streamline the process of taking children into new homes is still in question.
Attend this Westminster Briefing event to understand how the reforms will affect you moving forward. Learn from innovative case studies from across the country who are putting policy into practice to improve the lives of children in the adoption process.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Progress of the Government’s Adoption Strategy, one year on
- Revamping adoption assessments to increase the number of people on the adoption list
- Outlining the role of adoption panels
- Funding the Regional Adoption Agencies
- Intercountry adoption and resident status updates
- Motivating and recruiting more adopters
- Reducing waiting times
- Managing challenging behaviour from children in care
- Considering mental health support to adopted children
- Considering religious, racial and cultural factors when selecting adoptive parents
- Effectively using the Adoption Support Fund to provide therapeutic support
The morning session will provide an overview of the current progress of adoption reform and what is to be expected in the future.
The afternoon session will focus on best practice case studies allowing you to develop effective strategies to better manage looked after children in your area.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who should attend?
Delegates will be drawn from, but not limited to: Adoption managers & directors, voluntary adoption agencies, children's care services and anyone with an interest in or responsibility for improving adoption services.
For registration enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | 0207 593 5657
To discuss speaking opportunities and/or the agenda, please email: email@example.com