- Jacob Hayler, Executive Director, Environmental Services Association
- Willie Wilson, National Operations Waste and Enforcement Manager, Scottish Environment Protection Agency; Vice Chair, Advisory Board of INTERPOL’s Pollution Crime Working Group
- Rose Tehan, Research and Innovation Development Manager, Keep Britain Tidy
- Cllr Clyde Loakes, Deputy Leader, London Borough of Waltham Forest and Chair, Resource London
- Duncan Jones, Partnership Development Manager, Hertfordshire Waste Partnership
- Jennie Probert, Environmental Strategy Manager, Three Rivers District Council
- Jim McClelland, Editor, SustMeme (event chair)
- Further speakers TBC
Fly-tipping and serious and organised waste crime is a significant problem for communities. It costs local authorities a huge amount and has a wider social and environmental impact. Fly-tipping incidents are on the rise, and in response, the Government has introduced new powers to tackle illegal waste sites.
Join Westminster Briefing on 30th October to gain a comprehensive overview of the new powers and learn how you can develop effective partnerships to tackle waste crime and fly-tipping. This is a good opportunity to hear good practice and take ideas back to your setting to improve your strategy to tackle waste crime.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Comprehensive overview of the national landscape and government action on waste crime
- Understanding and employing new powers to tackle serious and organised waste crime
- Bringing organised criminals to account
- Tackling larger-scale fly-tipping, hazardous waste and organised gangs
- The role of local authorities in investigating, cleaning and taking enforcement action
- Preventing waste crime: targeting the worst fly-tipping hotspots and delivering long-lasting improvements
- Learning from successful local models in tackling fly-tipping
About the Event:
The morning session will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the national landscape and government action on waste crime.
The afternoon session will look at best practice examples of tackling waste crime & fly-tipping locally. This session will be highly interactive and will provide you with practical guidance to take back and implement in your setting.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who Should Attend?
Environmental Service Managers; Enforcement Officers; Area Coordinators; Recycling and Waste Officers; Community Engagement Officers; Environmental Education Officers; Environmental & Sustainabillity Officers; Community Safety Managers; Waste Contract Managers; Street Care Managers; Environmental Resource Managers; Service Managers; Environmental Health Managers and anybody with an interest in tackling waste crime & fly-tipping in their area.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com or call 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Dominic.Leigh@dodsgroup.com
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.